This is my latest post over on Childhood 101 for the Easy Green Series.
Encouraging children to put the environment first develops skills in resilience and empathy. By gently teaching them to reduce waste, conserve energy and water, protect wildlife and consume less stuff, we set them up for a lifetime of connection to our natural world and prepare them for future challenges.
There are any number of easy green habits kids can develop from a young age, here are ten examples:
- Turning off the lights when leaving a room.
- Putting reusable shopping bags back in their place by the front door.
- Bringing toys in from the garden so they don’t get ruined.
- Fixing broken things (with the help of an adult).
- Checking all packaging for the recycling symbol.
Keep reading here…